Tuesday 17 March 2015

Conclusion

Conclusion
                       Overall, I have achieved the goals of the Master of Education program in meaningful ways.  This opportunity has encouraged me to be more reflective in my practices, but also to question the status quo and think outside of the prescribed practices to find new and meaningful ways to meet the needs of the learners with whom I work.  Through the development of many artifacts, I recognize that it is imperative to my pedagogy that I am continually reflective and iterative in my practices.  Regardless of the goals, my whole journey has been focussed around building relationships with students, colleagues, my community, and members of the Master of Education program.  As I have built these relationships, I have learned a great deal about what it means to point ahead of myself; to take risks and try new approaches that will build the meaningful relationships that foster a positive learning environment, not only for me, but for my students and community. This journey through the Master of Education program has been difficult at times, but always rewarding since it challenged my thinking about what it means to be a leader, a mentor and a teacher.  I know now that this journey is not over, but that I will continue to point ahead of myself by continually nurturing my teaching practices and fostering the relationships that are clearly the foundation of my teaching practices.  I am living up George Bernard Shaw’s ideals of a “good teacher” when he states, “I'm not a teacher: only a fellow traveler of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead - ahead of myself as well as you” (Shaw, 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment